Visiting & Volunteering at Hassler Elementary
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year. We are so excited to have you get involved with volunteering at Hassler. This document clarifies the difference between a visitor and a volunteer at Hassler.
A visitor is someone who is not volunteering in any way but would like to do the following: have lunch with your child(ren), attend events such as holiday parties, Field Day, Go Texan Day hoe down, school performances, the Celebrate Freedom Parade, spirit nights or special evening events. Visitors are also welcome to visit the book fair and bring food for the luncheons.
Visitor sign in directions:
- Please enter the front office to receive your V-Soft name tag. You will be asked where you are going and this will be listed on your tag. This will be the only place you will be permitted in the building.
- Please sign out in the office when you leave by turning in your V-Soft name tag.
A volunteer is anyone who is working in any way with our students. This includes room parents, parent readers, classroom helpers, library volunteers, field day volunteers, being part of a volunteer committee, hearing and vision, Watch D.O.G.S, assisting with hallway displays, chaperoning a field trip, working the book fair, classroom photographers, puppet shows, and any other events that include working with the children.
Volunteers already approved: A few changes to the way you will sign in.
- Check in at the front office to receive your V-Soft name tag. Your tag will say "Volunteer" at the top.
- Go to the Welcome Center and sign in to CERVIS on the computer by using your last 4 digits of your phone number. If the computer is not working, please sign in on the clipboard. This will help us reach our goal of 10,000 volunteer hours!
- When you are finished volunteering, please sign out on CERVIS or on the clipboard.
- Return your V-Soft name tag to the front office to sign out of the building.
*All V-Soft name tags must be turned back in*
If you plan to volunteer and have not yet signed up for CERVIS and completed a background check, we ask that you please do this as soon as possible as it generally takes about 2-3 weeks to get the background checks cleared (sometimes even longer at the beginning of the year). Directions for how to complete both of these are included in this letter. Make sure you read the information page and follow the directions carefully.
Once you have received an email stating you have completed both steps above and your background check has cleared, the Volunteer Coordinators will add you to the areas of interest you have in volunteering. All new volunteers will be added to the volunteer list at the beginning of the month.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation. We want our school to be a safe environment for all.
Sarah Brown Andrea Forrest & Leticia Hemmerly
Principal Volunteer Coordinators
We are so thankful to our 2018-2019 Gold Level Sponsors for their generosity!